- Is the Trinity True or False and Biblical?
- The Pagan origins of the Trinity Doctrine
- How the Trinity got into the Adventist Church
- Was Ellen White a Trinitarian?
- Adventist Pioneers and the Trinity Doctrine
- Who is the Comforter Jesus promised?
- Who is the Holy Spirit by Ellen White?
- Who is the third person by Ellen White?
- Was 1 John 5:7 added to the Bible?
- Does Matthew 28:19 have added Text?
- Is the Holy Spirit a He, She or It?
- The Meaning of I am in John 8:58
- What does the Alpha and Omega mean?
- Does 1 Timothy 3:16 say Jesus is God?
- The Pre-Existence of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of the Trinity and Salvation
- J.S. Washburn letter on the Trinity
- Christ and his Righteousness Waggoner
- LeRoy Froom and his Book Evangelism
- Did Ellen White write three holiest beings?
- Who is the third person of the heavenly trio?
- What is the Promise of the Father?
- The difference between Godhead and Trinity
- Is the Trinity Doctrine Catholic and Pagan?
- Trinity Doctrine in the Adventist Hymnal
- YouTube Videos on the Trinity Doctrine
- Is the Holy Spirit a Person (30 parts)
- Is Jesus God (20 parts)
- Exposing LeRoy Froom (12 parts)
- The Trinity Doctrine Exposed (24 parts)
- Posts for Facebook on the Trinity (77 parts)
What is the Promise of the Father?
Did you ever wonder why Jesus said, “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” John 16:7
Why did Jesus have to go away before the Comforter could be sent?
Jesus also said, “You heard me say, I am going away and I am coming back to you.” John 14:28 NIV
So “How,” “Why” and “When” was Jesus coming back?
Because Jesus promised that He would not leave us comfortless and that He would stay with us until the end of the world.
“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” John 14:18
“lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:20
On the day of Pentecost when the promise of the Father was to be given. “And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the PROMISE OF THE FATHER, which, saith he, you have heard of me.” Acts 1:4
“And when the day of PENTECOST was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.” Acts 2:1
By the PROMISE OF THE FATHER which was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. “And, behold, I send the PROMISE OF MY FATHER upon you: but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, until you be ENDUED WITH POWER FROM ON HIGH.” Luke 24:49
So why couldn't this be done until Jesus had returned to the Father and been glorified? “But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the HOLY GHOST WAS NOT YET GIVEN; because that JESUS WAS NOT YET GLORIFIED.” John 7:39
It could not be done until Jesus had been glorified because Jesus was returning to us on the day of Pentecost by the outpouring of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Jesus had to be anointed WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT of His Father before this could happen. Jesus gave up a lot when He came as the Son of man and He now receives back the power of His Father's Spirit.
In other words, God the Father GAVE HIS SPIRIT to Jesus in full measure at this glorification event. This is why the Holy Spirit could not be poured out until Jesus was glorified, because it is God's OWN Spirit which He was going to anoint Jesus fully with, not “another being.”
Jesus did not receive “another person.” He received the Father's own Divine Spirit and power, which Jesus then “poured out” upon His followers.
“During the patriarchal age the influence of the Holy Spirit had often been revealed in a marked manner, but never in its fullness. Now, in obedience to the word of the Saviour, the disciples offered their supplications for this gift, and in heaven Christ added His intercession. HE CLAIMED THE GIFT OF THE SPIRIT, that He might POUR IT upon His people.” — (Ellen G. White, Acts of the Apostles, p.37)
“God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. Exalted to the right hand of God, he [Christ] has received from the FATHER THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT and has poured out what you now see and hear.” Acts 2:32-33 NIV
Jesus had finished gaining the victory over Satan. He had been raised and ascended back to heaven. If the Holy Spirit was a person separate from the Father and Son, then why did He need to wait for Jesus to be glorified to come down to earth? The job was done, the Holy Spirit could have come right away if it was a separate person. But what was part of this glorification event for Jesus? “…having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit…” -- “He claimed the gift of the Spirit, that He might pour it upon His people.”
“Outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost—Christ ascended on high, to take His position as our Advocate in the heavenly courts. Having reached His throne, HE SENT HIS HOLY SPIRIT, as He had promised, in response to the prayers of His disciples.” — (E.G. White, 10MR 98.1, 1899)
“And when He had said this, He [Christ] breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whosesoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whosesoever sins ye retain, they are retained. The Holy Spirit was not yet fully manifested; for Christ had not yet been glorified. The more abundant impartation of the Spirit did not take place till after Christ's ascension. Not until this was received could the disciples fulfill the commission to preach the gospel to the world. But the Spirit was now given for a special purpose. Before the disciples could fulfill their official duties in connection with the church, CHRIST breathed HIS Spirit upon them.” — (Ellen G. White, Desire of Ages, p. 805)
“When the HOLY SPIRIT was poured out upon the early church, 'The whole multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul.' The SPIRIT of CHRIST made them one. This is the fruit of abiding in Christ.” — (Ellen G. White, GCDB, February 6, 1893)
“And Pentecost brought them the presence of the Comforter, of whom Christ had said, He “shall be in you.” And He had further said, “It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.” Henceforth through the Spirit, Christ was to abide continually in the hearts of His children. Their union with Him was closer than when He was personally with them. The light, and love, and power of the indwelling Christ shone out through them, so that men, beholding, “marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.” — (E.G. White, SC 74.1, 1892)
“The promise of the Holy Spirit is not limited to any age or to any race. CHRIST declared that the divine influence of HIS SPIRIT was to be with His followers unto the end. From the Day of Pentecost to the present time, the Comforter has been sent to all who have yielded themselves fully to the Lord and to His service.” — (Ellen G. White, Acts of the Apostles, 49.2)
So how is Jesus going to be with us as our Comforter and Spirit of truth if He has returned to the Father? By coming back as “another” of the same kind. That is, through His Holy Spirit.
“While JESUS ministers in the sanctuary above, HE is still by HIS SPIRIT the minister of the church on earth. HE is withdrawn from the eye of sense, but HIS parting promise is fulfilled, “Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:20. While HE delegates HIS power to inferior ministers, HIS energizing presence is still with HIS church.” — (Ellen G. White, Desire of Ages, p. 166)
Thus the Holy Spirit is not another being but the Spirit of God coming to us through His Son.
Site Pages Menu
- The Bible Ten Commandments
- What Day Is The Sabbath Day
- False Teachers & Doctrine Exposed
- Hades And Hell Fire Truth
- Who Changed Sabbath To Sunday
- What is the Mark of the Beast
- 666 and The Number of The Beast
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- Who is the Remnant Church of God
- The Wednesday Crucifixion
- What Is Wicca And Witchcraft
- Who Is The Antichrist Today
- Colossians 2:16 and the Sabbath
- The Secret Rapture Theory
- Who Is Mystery Babylon the Great
- What Happens When We Die
- What Day is the True Sabbath Day
- 666 The Mark Of The Beast
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation
- Daniels 70 Weeks Prophecy
- What is the Battle of Armageddon
- What is Speaking in Tongues
- Change of The Sabbath to Sunday
- Sabbath in the New Testament
- Daniel Abomination of Desolation
1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.”