- Is the Trinity True or False and Biblical?
- The Pagan origins of the Trinity Doctrine
- How the Trinity got into the Adventist Church
- Was Ellen White a Trinitarian?
- Adventist Pioneers and the Trinity Doctrine
- Who is the Comforter Jesus promised?
- Who is the Holy Spirit by Ellen White?
- Who is the third person by Ellen White?
- Was 1 John 5:7 added to the Bible?
- Does Matthew 28:19 have added Text?
- Is the Holy Spirit a He, She or It?
- The Meaning of I am in John 8:58
- What does the Alpha and Omega mean?
- Does 1 Timothy 3:16 say Jesus is God?
- The Pre-Existence of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of the Trinity and Salvation
- J.S. Washburn letter on the Trinity
- Christ and his Righteousness Waggoner
- LeRoy Froom and his Book Evangelism
- Did Ellen White write three holiest beings?
- Who is the third person of the heavenly trio?
- What is the Promise of the Father?
- The difference between Godhead and Trinity
- Is the Trinity Doctrine Catholic and Pagan?
- Trinity Doctrine in the Adventist Hymnal
- YouTube Videos on the Trinity Doctrine
- Is the Holy Spirit a Person (30 parts)
- Is Jesus God (20 parts)
- Exposing LeRoy Froom (12 parts)
- The Trinity Doctrine Exposed (24 parts)
- Posts for Facebook on the Trinity (74 parts)
Is the Trinity Doctrine Catholic and Pagan?
“While no single Scripture passage states the doctrine of the Trinity, it is assumed as a fact... only by faith can we accept the existence of the Trinity.” — (Adventist Review, Vol. 158, No. 31, p. 4)
It is ASSUMED?? Only by FAITH??
Not only does the Catholic Church confess it is not found in the Bible. But even the Seventh day Adventist Church originally stated that it is NOT found in the Bible!
Oh how things have changed today as we now hear every false argument under the sun to try and prove that it is.
So what happened?
Why is the central doctrine of the Catholic faith now part of SDA fundamental beliefs?
In 1939, Judson S. Washburn wrote an objection letter to the Conference. A sermon delivered by W.W. Prescott that year inspired him to send a lengthy letter denouncing the invasion of the Trinitarian doctrine into the Adventist Church. Noting that “The doctrine of the Trinity is regarded as the supreme test of orthodoxy by the Roman Catholic Church,” he proceeded to state why it should be rejected. “Satan has taken some heathen conception of a three-headed monstrosity, and with deliberate intention to cast contempt upon divinity, has woven it into Romanism as our glorious God, an impossible, absurd invention. This monstrous doctrine transplanted from heathenism into the Roman Papal Church is seeking to intrude its evil presence into the teachings of the Third Angel's Message...”
Washburn goes on to say, “If we should go back to the immortality of the soul, purgatory, eternal torment and the Sunday Sabbath, would that be anything less than apostasy? If, however, we leap over all these minor, secondary doctrines and accept and teach the very central root, doctrine of Romanism, the Trinity, and teach that the son of God did not die, even though our words seem to be spiritual, is this anything else or anything less than apostasy, and the very Omega of apostasy?”
Mr. Washburn continues with words that every Adventist should carefully heed, “However kindly or beautiful or apparently profound his sermons or articles may be, when a man has arrived at the place where he teaches the heathen Catholic doctrine of the Trinity, and denies that the Son of God died for us, is he a true Seventh-day Adventist? Is he even a true preacher of the Gospel?” — (The above are portions of a letter written by J.S. Washburn in 1939. This letter was liked by a conference president so much that he distributed it to 32 of his ministers). Here is the entire letter from J.S. Washburn on the trinity doctrine if you would like to read it.
As for every false argument. You now hear Adventist Trinitarian speakers erroneously claim that the SDA Church does not teach the Catholic Trinity doctrine and that what the Adventist Church teaches is different. But this is a deception. Washburn was objecting to the fact that it was the Catholic trinity doctrine that was getting brought into the Seventh day Adventist Church. That is, a 3 in 1 god and the Holy Spirit as a third being which is exactly the same as what the Adventist Church now teaches. So much so that the Roman Catholic Church even acknowledges this fact.
“Seventh-Day Adventists agree with many Catholic doctrines, including the Trinity…By virtue of their …belief …in the doctrine of the Trinity, Seventh-Day Adventists are both ontologically and theologically Christians.” — (Robert H. Brom, Bishop of San Diego, August 10, 2004)
The question was asked in the Catholic Catechism, “What is Sunday...”
The answer was that Sunday “is a day dedicated by the Apostles to the honor of the most holy Trinity.” — (RH, vol. 5, no. 24, p. 86)
An interesting statement considering “Sunday worship” and the “Trinity doctrine” both came from sun and Satan worship in Babylon, and they were both brought into Christendom by the Catholic Church whom God calls Babylon!
They are also both about who we worship which Revelation 13 and 14 reveals is exactly what the mark of the beast issue is all about. So do we worship the one true God on His Holy day or the pagan Catholic 3 in 1 god? And what about the Seal of God. Which God do we need to be sealed by? The one true God the Father or the pagan Catholic 3 in 1 god. It is impossible to worship the true God on a false day of worship. And it is impossible to worship a false God on the true Sabbath.
Since “Sunday worship” and the “Trinity doctrine” were both brought into Christendom by the beast (Papacy), then consider the following.
“The third angel's message has been sent forth to the world, warning men against receiving the mark of the beast or of his image in their foreheads or in their hands. To receive this mark means to come to the same decision as the beast has done, and to advocate the same ideas, in direct opposition to the word of God.” — (E.G. White, RH, July 13, 1897)
E.G. White says there is still more to be revealed.
“The light that we have upon the third angel's message is the true light. The mark of the beast is exactly what it has been proclaimed to be. Not all in regard to this matter is yet understood nor will it be understood until the unrolling of the scroll,” — (E.G. White, 6T 17.1, 1900)
Sun-day is Satan's counterfeit for the true Sabbath and the Trinity doctrine is Satan's counterfeit for the Godhead.
“As fundamental errors, we might class with this counterfeit sabbath other errors which Protestants have brought away from the Catholic church, such as sprinkling for baptism, the trinity,” — (J.S. White, RH, September 12, 1854, p. 36)
So “Sunday worship” and the “Trinity doctrine” both came from sun and Satan worship in Babylon, and they were both brought into Christendom by the Catholic Church whom God calls Babylon!
So why do we so strongly reject the Catholic pagan sabbath being Sunday, but embrace their pagan doctrine of the Trinity?
In 1981, Neal C. Wilson was also GC President and announced that the Church had officially adopted the Trinity doctrine. He wrote, “There is another universal and truly catholic organization, the Seventh-day Adventist Church,” — (Adventist Review, March 5, 1981, p. 3)
A very accurate statement indeed!
Since when does God's remnant fight to support a doctrine from the beast that has the same origin as the pagan Catholic Sabbath?
Site Pages Menu
- The Bible Ten Commandments
- What Day Is The Sabbath Day
- False Teachers & Doctrine Exposed
- Hades And Hell Fire Truth
- Who Changed Sabbath To Sunday
- What is the Mark of the Beast
- 666 and The Number of The Beast
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- Who is the Remnant Church of God
- The Wednesday Crucifixion
- What Is Wicca And Witchcraft
- Who Is The Antichrist Today
- Colossians 2:16 and the Sabbath
- The Secret Rapture Theory
- Who Is Mystery Babylon the Great
- What Happens When We Die
- What Day is the True Sabbath Day
- 666 The Mark Of The Beast
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation
- Daniels 70 Weeks Prophecy
- What is the Battle of Armageddon
- What is Speaking in Tongues
- Change of The Sabbath to Sunday
- Sabbath in the New Testament
- Daniel Abomination of Desolation
1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.”