- Is the Trinity True or False and Biblical?
- The Pagan origins of the Trinity Doctrine
- How the Trinity got into the Adventist Church
- Was Ellen White a Trinitarian?
- Adventist Pioneers and the Trinity Doctrine
- Who is the Comforter Jesus promised?
- Who is the Holy Spirit by Ellen White?
- Who is the third person by Ellen White?
- Was 1 John 5:7 added to the Bible?
- Does Matthew 28:19 have added Text?
- Is the Holy Spirit a He, She or It?
- The Meaning of I am in John 8:58
- What does the Alpha and Omega mean?
- Does 1 Timothy 3:16 say Jesus is God?
- The Pre-Existence of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of the Trinity and Salvation
- J.S. Washburn letter on the Trinity
- Christ and his Righteousness Waggoner
- LeRoy Froom and his Book Evangelism
- Did Ellen White write three holiest beings?
- Who is the third person of the heavenly trio?
- What is the Promise of the Father?
- The difference between Godhead and Trinity
- Is the Trinity Doctrine Catholic and Pagan?
- Trinity Doctrine in the Adventist Hymnal
- YouTube Videos on the Trinity Doctrine
- Is the Holy Spirit a Person (30 parts)
- Is Jesus God (20 parts)
- Exposing LeRoy Froom (12 parts)
- The Trinity Doctrine Exposed (24 parts)
- Posts for Facebook on the Trinity (77 parts)
What is the difference between Godhead and Trinity?
So what does the word Godhead mean and can it be used in place of the word Trinity? The fact is there is no relationship with the Trinity and the word Godhead at all as you are about to find out. Godhead refers to God the Father.
And making this issue a little more confusing, Godhead is often a word used by those with the non-Trinitarian truth for lack of a better word to use in opposition to the word Trinity.
More and more Trinitarians are using the word Godhead in place of Trinity thinking that changes what it is. But calling the Trinity by another name will never change what it is. You can call a cat a dog but it will still be a cat. And you can call the Trinity the Godhead but it will still be the Trinity!
The word Godhead is found in 3 verses in the King James Bible which are translated from three different Greek words that have slightly different meanings but all basically mean the same thing.
In Acts 17:29 the Greek word translated Godhead is “theios” (G2304) and means to be godlike and hence divine.
Acts 17:29 KJV “Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.”
The same Greek word is used in the verse below but has been translated to the word “divine.”
2 Peter 1:3 KJV “According as his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue:”
In Romans 1:20 the Greek word translated Godhead is “theiotēs” (G2305) and refers to the divine nature.
Romans 1:20 KJV “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”
And in Colossians 2:9 the Greek word translated Godhead is “theotēs” (G2320) and means deity as in the state of being God.
Colossians 2:9 KJV “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
So the word Godhead speaks of the “Divine nature” of the Father which has been given to the Son and hence is in the Son as we find in Colossians 2:9 above. Thus Jesus being the firstborn over all creation (Colossians 1:15), and being brought forth from the Father, He has the same “Divine nature” as His Father.
Colossians 1:19 KJV “For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;”
John 5:26 also tells us that the Father gave life to His Son. “For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given to the Son to have life in himself.” John 5:26. If Jesus had always existed alongside the Father as the Trinity doctrine claims, then God could not have given life to His Son as He would have always had life. But Scripture reveals this is impossible.
And so neither does the word Godhead explain the non-Trinitarian position in opposition to the word Trinity. It has been the only real option in lack of a better word to use for the non-Trinitarian view.
The Trinity doctrine states that there are three co-equal (equal in every respect), co-eternal (the same age), omniscient (all knowing), omnipotent (all powerful) gods, who are not three gods, but one god.
By the words of the Athanasian Creed it is, “the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three gods but one God.”
In other words. 1+1+1=1 !
So a 3 in 1 and 1 in 3 god which means the Father cannot really be a Father and the Son cannot really be a Son, which denies the Father and Son which the apostle John called antichrist. And hence the Holy Spirit is supposedly a third god that makes up the one god rather than being the actual Spirit of the Father and Son just as we have a spirit.
So the Divine nature of the Father referring to the ONE true God does not and cannot equal 3 gods yet alone a 3 in 1 god.
Thus Godhead does NOT equal Trinity in any way whatsoever! Godhead refers to God the Father and His Divine nature which dwells in His Son because Christ is His Son.
If you ever here any Pastor teaching that Godhead literally means 3 beings, then know they do not know Scripture or have been indoctrinated with the Trinitarian lie. In the following video we see one such example with Pastor Doug Batchelor.
Does Godhead mean Trinity?
This short 8 minute video below covers the above information with more detailed explanations.
Site Pages Menu
- The Bible Ten Commandments
- What Day Is The Sabbath Day
- False Teachers & Doctrine Exposed
- Hades And Hell Fire Truth
- Who Changed Sabbath To Sunday
- What is the Mark of the Beast
- 666 and The Number of The Beast
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- Who is the Remnant Church of God
- The Wednesday Crucifixion
- What Is Wicca And Witchcraft
- Who Is The Antichrist Today
- Colossians 2:16 and the Sabbath
- The Secret Rapture Theory
- Who Is Mystery Babylon the Great
- What Happens When We Die
- What Day is the True Sabbath Day
- 666 The Mark Of The Beast
- The Two Witnesses of Revelation
- Daniels 70 Weeks Prophecy
- What is the Battle of Armageddon
- What is Speaking in Tongues
- Change of The Sabbath to Sunday
- Sabbath in the New Testament
- Daniel Abomination of Desolation
1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.”